Food Intolerance Tests

Posted , 3 users are following.

I was just wondering if anyone had done a food intolerance test? and if so, how accurate do they think they are?

I've been looking online and theres a basic one for £99 or a more complete one which tests a lot more food for £249. These are the skin prick ones you do.

Obviously I don't mind paying out if the results are accurate and if its gonna help me long term, I just don't want to be wasting monies.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I did one from a website called Everlywell. its a food sensitivity test and i used it more to confirm some suspicions but i also got unexpected results such as peas and green beans which i liked to eat since they're healthy foods. its a finger prick test and i got my results in about 10 days.

• Posted

I think they were very accurate! i'd already had suspicions about a few of the foods that came up positive. it also gives you different levels of sensitivity to the foods. i didnt have any severe but i had about 20 moderate foods which if im eating all of them regularly im sure can add up to some of my stomach issues. id like to get skin testing done in the future but this gave me a good idea of what i could stop eating in the meantime to help feel better. it was pretty affordable and i got my results quickly.

• Posted

I would see your doctor to see if they can refer you for tests or suggest a dietician. You could also try a food diary to see if you are reacting to a food. Seeing your doctor would give you more accurate information.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.