Food makes me sick!

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have noticed that in now over 8 months I have been experiencing a kind of food sickness?? when i eat i feel that it stops in my stomach and dont want to pass. like food is felt in the back of my mouth in a way.. it is very uncomfortable. latley i have been having major headaches mostly in the back area but sometimes my whole head. I am also throwing up food. as an example lasr time I ate burger and some crisps around 2hr later i threw up everything. i eat healthy daily so the burger was a one off but it is still the same with healthy food. I talked to doctors and done blood tests and they cant figure me out. Anyone here that could help me pls???

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I know exactly how you feel for some reason everything I eat just sits in my stomach and makes me feel extremely sick. It's gotten so bad that I eat the same thing everyday and have such a limited diet in the attempt to try and control it as I've learnt what foods don't make it too bad but even then sometime the sickness is so unbareable my stomach hurts and aches and I feel like I'm going to be sick sad no one gets it because they always say to me "you've just eaten a biscuit, how can you feel this sick" or " you eat the same thing/amount everyday you should be used to it by now"

It's so heartbreaking all I want to do is eat but all food does is nake me so sick. It Really has affected my weight and life.

If you need any help on what to eat to Maybe lessen it I could help with some tips I've learnt over the years but have no cure or idea why it happens

If you ever find out please let me know ?

Good luck

• Posted

Hi memimck i guess we see by time maybe hah rolleyes 

• Posted

I don't think so... ive been feeling this way for years like literally 5 years I would say. I've run out of hope of ever not feeling sick again 😖

• Posted

Hi Lucas,

Have you had any internal investigations? One of my colleagues has suffered with something similar (although it caused him choking on more than one occasion). It might be worth having a camera down to look at your stomach - there are all manners of things it could be. I would also fight to get the bloods repeated.

Maybe post something in one of the stomach groups, as it probably fits better there than in an eating disorder group, so you might get some better advice.

Is it definitely your stomach? It sounds from what you described that it is, but I know some people (including the media!) refer to the stomach in a place no where near the stomach, in the abdomen. Feeling sick in that area could indicate an intolerance you see, hence I asked.

Might be worth looking at soft food and liquids like soup to see if they make much difference? Maybe avoid highly spicy and acidic food for a bit too. It would be worth keeping a bit of a food diary, and match this to any particular symptoms.

Sounds horrible, so keep pressing your GP for more investigations. They shouldn't be dismissing this especially if it's gone on so long.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.