food poisoning

Posted , 3 users are following.

Is there a risk of food poisoning when you are served fresh food that is iced over which to me is a clear indication something is wrong with the fridge

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Sorry forgot to say I have had food poisoning in the past this is why I want to know.
    • Posted

Hi Jackie

Yes if it's not being stored at the right temperature and it's freezing over any cooked foods etc can be full of bacteria going back to my training days with food and hygein courses it's scary how easy it is to catch food poisoning get a thermometer for your fridge and that will tell if it's working properly or not

• Posted

I don't quite understand, how fresh food can be iced over.

Fresh food served and iced over? I cannot visualize it. Please an example. Or is it at the supermarket, where food is frozen and thawed upon sale and must not be refrozen.

• Posted

haha, thawed....defrosted.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.