Food poisoning has aggravated my GERD and hiatus hernia

Posted , 3 users are following.

2 days ago I ate seafood at a local restaurant and got sick that night. Ended up at the ER and now all the other symptoms I managed to somehow control are back ... My tummy won't stop rumbling, diarrhea and stomach cramps.

How long until I get better???

Help!

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Everyone recovers at different rates. Give it a week and stick to bland foods, nothing rich, spicy or fatty and take Imodium and painkillers for your stomach pain. Try milk which is gentle on your stomach. Have you had any vomiting? If no better after a week see your doctor.

• Posted

Hi pippa! I only vomited once.

And now the diarrhea has stopped but I m constipated and can't pass gas. I m so worried something is wrong.

I belch but can't pass wind .

My digestive issues are depressing me.

• Posted

I think you need to make a Drs. appointment just to make sure your bowels are OK.

• Posted

Thanks Jane! Going to see one today. I am still constipated,bloated and can hardly pass gas.

😔

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.