Food problem - ate a beetle - almost!

Posted , 3 users are following.

For a long time i have had trust issues around food, to the extent that i was anorexic at various times. lately ive been managing ok - but tonight while having a chinese carry out - i found a big fat beetle in my food! Needless to say this isnt ideal for anyone to find, but im reeeeally sailing close to freaking out!

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I would report the take away to your local authority! With or without a history of eating disorders I would feel sick and disgusted if I found anything in my food. Sadly some fast food places are not always up to standard when inspected!
    • Posted

i have reported it already, wont let it lie - no way. im just nervous about if its dangerous for me etc, i know logically not as children eat stuff like that all the time, and by all accounts we have these things in our food quite often, think just seeing it has really started the anxiety going mad
    • Posted

I am sure it did, nasty thing to happen, well done for reporting this. I know fast food and take aways are very easy in our hectic lives. However if you eat simple food, fresh fruit, vegetables, nuts etc you may find this helps you to feel better. There is a growing body of medical evidence that refined white flour and sugary drinks make anxiety worse as of course does caffeine and alcohol. Try not to let this episode make your eating  disorder get worse again, good luck🍀
  • Posted

wow, thats not cool! well its good you reported them. I would probably have gone crazy. 

But, just think, you didnt eat it, you saw it before. and thats a good thing.

Just steer clear of take away for a while. and if you want to you can look up hygine ratings online before you order food again. Not all places are dirty. alot are clean and do good food. 

• Posted

this is what makes it worse, its a place i know well and usually its spotless and really quite high class (so i thought lol). yes im glad i didnt eat it, but it was still on my food - urgh!
    • Posted

oh dear :-( sorry about that. 

im not a fan of take aways due to that kind of thing, so i know where your coming from. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.