food question

Posted , 6 users are following.

I was feeling better. I have been adding foods back in slowly. The pain is coming back. 😣

Even when you are better do you have to eat small meals?

Thanks.

Julie

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Yes j no bigger than your fist I to am adding small amount of foods to my body and even small amounts are causing stomach pain not sure what to do maybe back to all soft food would rather be hungry than in pain
  • Posted

Does anyone use apple cider vinegar a few tablespoons per day to help digestive system I have incorporated this daily my uncle swears by it but I have not seen any results??
  • Posted

I take grapefruit seed extract when I have a flare-up of pain.  I find staying on water and fresh made juices, fruit and vegetable, for as long as 3 weeks really heals things so when I start adding foods it doesn't cause pain.  It's a technique I developed over 12 years of episodes of diverticulitis.

• Posted

Hi,

I had wondered about juicing vegetables and fruits for better health.  What kinds do you do?  Do you have to worry about seeds?  Thanks for your help and any suggestions!

Georgie

• Posted

I’m just now feeling better after 5 weeks . Shakes,103 fever,cold sweat and vomiting bile Hospitalized , morphine for pain IV antibiotics then oral for a month  Meds r horrible. A few foods appealto me many don’t. No wine. Doesn’t even sound good   Starting to feel stronger. I had two attacks a month a part but the gastroenterologist thinks it was a continuation   Ran a low grade fever after being home for 11 days.   My doc doesn’t think foods trigger this. I will say i had eaten a bag of popped caramel corn before the first attack   Will not again! I do miss berries, tomatoes and cucumbers. Any advice?
    • Posted

No advice Jayne but my Gasomytris told me the same thing Start eating like you did before infection mine also lasted 10 weeks twice in hospital intravenous pain and antibiotics She said my pain now is called malnutrition eat eat eat don't believe it I drank a small vanilla shake yesterday and still can't get out of bed I was never intolerable to daily I will be back on liquid diet when I can make it to the kitchen! Crazy painful life for almost 3 months now

• Posted

I find that eating smaller meals is easier on my digestive system.  It's tough to stick to when I'm very hungry, but I know the consequences of digesting a large meal for me is pain and an intense burning sensation above my pelvis.  

• Posted

So I guess we eat small "meals" for the rest of our lives. If you guys could see how much I used ro eat at one go you'd be horrified. I am back down ti a fist size . Thanks for all the advice.

• Posted

I agree I have lost 22 lbs in less than 3 months 114 lbs 5foot 7 inches pathetic! 😥

• Posted

Oh wow, that is a lot of weight. I have lost 12 in about 4 months but I had my bloodwork done and my electrolytes and vitamin levels are good so I am not bothered. Half the time I have no appitite anyway.
  • Posted

I'm doing another cat scan with contrast in about a month then another colonoscopy a month after that She said colonoscopy only if she thinks it won't irritate my colon she thinks because inflammation has been such a problem and 2 infections in 2 months surgery may be best thing at that time? I tried to c a different gasomytris made a appointment for July 3 but my insurance company left voicemail yesterday saying it would not be covered???

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.