Food stuck in throat

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi was wondering if anyone could help please.

This morning i was eathing some home made buns and for some reason when left in a container they go sticky, and today when i went to have one it was all stuck on my fingers and when i took a bite it got stuck in my throat by my adams apple scared me to death but after a few drinks of my tea it cleard but it's now on mind and worried if it will happen again. I have had these buns all my life and it's never done this before.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

It was probably the stickiness of the bun that caused the problem and you did the right thing to drink liquid afterwards to help it clear.   Sometimes the texture of food can cause a few problems for some people.

​If you do continue to get swallowing problems in the future, it will be worth getting checked out with the doctor.

• Posted

Thanks yes i think it was, but this is the first time it's ever happened and eaten loads of them over my 56 years of life lol but i had a pie after and that was fine.

• Posted

Hi John, 

Its probably age LOL smile Having Achalasia I notice these kind of things with friends and family as they arise. I can think of several occasions when friends or family have mentioned similar stuff to me, and they do not have anything serious...Lots of other digestive issues also... Best not worry, it never helps!! Like all things, pays to keep a loose eye on it, and review in a month or two....

Healthy karma,

Neil    

• Posted

Thanks i don't tend to worry much but the last 2 years i have had 4 cancer scares tounge / prostate / lungs / pancreas. also been told i have emphysema / acid reflux plus a few other problems 56 now so getting old sucks and can't say i am looking forward to the future.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.