Food to avoid apart from high fat....

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hiya,

Well I got them this morning and will take the 'plunge' tomorrow evening.

Just a question tho...are there some foods that most would consider 'safe' that actually cause major trouble?

Also if you have the 'orange oil' effect after a meal does it give you a bit of warning or shall I set up camp in the bathroom just in case!!

I have read a lot of the posts and you all seem like a lovely bunch, Thanx in advance for any support given x :P

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi and welcome

A lot of the food you eat has different effects for different people...all I can say is watch the fat content and you should be ok.

If you have a sweet tooth, try jaffa cakes or malt loaf both of which are low in fat and calories.

Try to stick to low fat foods but you have to eat no more than 15g of fat each meal. Stay away from fried, battered food etc and go for no cream, grilled or steamed where possible. There are loads of help available for recipes or diets to follow which help and we have loads of good tips on here.

All the best and if you feel down or have a problem (no matter how daft it seems) come on here and ask and we will all help where possible

Good luck :wink:

• Posted

Hi & welcome Nej,

Don't whatever you do eat a lot of eggs - I totally forgot yesterday and had an omelette and was in such dreadful pain in the evening that it really wasn't worth it. :oops:

Drink plenty of water and step up the exercise and you should be okay.

Good luck

Jane

\"A moment on the Lips is a lifetime on the Hips\"

God I must have had a thousand moments!!

• Posted

Hi Nej & welcome

Watch out for food high in good fats as well such as salmon, avocado's, oily fish etc as the tablets can't distinguish between good & bad as I nearly discovered once just I was about to put the avocado in my gob, I suddenly had a thought and a quick check showed that they have 20g of fat in 1 avocado :shock:

Good luck

Kirsty :lol:

• Posted

Hi and welcome Nej.... smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.