Foodsruck in chest feeling and no air.

Posted , 5 users are following.

So I was diagnosed with Svt but I've been experiencing less svt symptoms and instead I'm always brearhless on standing and now can't eat without feeling like my food is trapped in chest and I can't breathe. I have gone to ER 3 times. Spent the night once and had all the doctors opinions. They say I'm perfectly healthy must be anxiety but I know it isn't. I mean of course I become anxious when I feel I can't get air after I eat. And sometimes it will shoot my heart up but it's something else and nobody will listen. This week I'm getting a CT scan and scope and barium swallow. I believe it's either esophagus spasm or acid reflux or something else causing this. Anyone else with this type of experience?

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Sounds like either esophageal spasms or reflux. My husband gets those spasms when he eats steak. It's really scary - he sputters and gags, nothing can go down or come back up. Takes him about 30 mins to get it out.

After my big SVT episode last summer, I was having pain and tightness in the center of my chest.And shortness of breath w/ exercise. My dr had me take 6 wks of Nexium for reflux. (Stress echo was already negative) And that cleared it up. Now I just take it every few days as needed.

Hope you find out soon what you're dealing with.

• Posted

Hi Shelley, no answers I'm afraid but I do have similar symptoms.  I am awaiting a CT Angiogram to see if any veins narrow or blocked but other than that it's keep taking the beta blockers!

• Posted

Omg I feel the same thing, I feel like my appetite hasn't been good since I've had a svt episode. But I also think it can be anxiety too. I also noticed ever since I started taking beta blockers I feel heartburn, bubbling in chest with belching and a little bit of gas. I called the nurse at my cardiologist office and she said to try and take over the counter antacids and if or keeps going on to see my primary doctor about taking prescription acid reflex medicine. I swear I've never had these feelings until the beta blocker.

• Posted

I have shortness of breath 24/7 as well. When i stand up im short of breath which could be a possible svt trigger. My ct scan is fine all my tests are fine. I'm waiting for a scope to check my throat. Possible esophagus spasm. Due to stress maybe and anxiety. Lots of belching and gas as well dr. Prescribed tecta. In case there's too much acid in my stomach. Just some ideas.

• Posted

Well I hope everything turns out well. Yeah I'm gonna probably gonna get that checked out if it persists. Thanks for your feedback.

• Posted

I have svt and also find that if i eat too much i feel exactly the same as you described, once when i had  a chinese special of a 3 course meal,  small amounts, it brought on an attack and i spent the next 2 hours feeling awful and couldn,t breathe with my heart racing away.  I now eat little and often and try to avoid eating out with the family where too much food is eaten.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.