Foot arch pain but no plantar fascia tear

Posted , 3 users are following.

I went for a 10km walk on Monday (which isn’t uncommon) and by that night my left arch was incredibly painful. I’ve been limping ever since and in quite a bit of pain so saw a podiatrist who asked me to get an ultrasound. No tears were visible- everything looked 100%.

However I still have pain and a bruise about 2.5cm long and swelling in that direct area. Also have tenderness between my arch and toes.

Does anyone have any ideas? Have I just overused something which is resulting in the pain and inflammation?

Many thanks.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I walk over 13 miles every day, 6 days a week delivering the post, catalogues, parcels, etc to my customers. I too suffer from plantar fasciitis and it incredibly hurts at times. My NHS doctor put me on a course of painkillers and advised I went to a physiotherapist. Work paid for the physiotherapist and at the end of the treatment my doctor organised for me to be measured and fitted with orthotic(?) insoles in my work boots. I also joined a gym and my membership includes all kinds of therapies, yoga, Pilates, etc. I also have a personal trainer. The gym costs me £45/month and is worth every penny. Gym also has a big swimming pool, jacuzzi, hydrotherapy pool, running track, sauna, saunarium and steam room.

it all helps but I still get twinges.

it was explained to me that I had tight calf muscles, these are attached at the lower end to the top of my Achilles which at its lower end wraps around my heel ensuring my plantar is stretched before I put my foot down.

Instead if treating the foot look to stretching your calf muscles. I do, it helps greatly.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.