Foot fracture, still can't move it.

Posted , 3 users are following.

Cracked 2nd metatarsal on left foot on 31/12. Eventually CT scan on 9/3 showed a fracture. Now in a fracture boot. Still painful but no toe movement at all on that foot. Is this normal?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I've got the exact same thing in my 2nd, 3rd and 4th metatarsals! Broke my foot 6 weeks ago now so I'm not experiencing pain from the actual fracture, but my toes are so stiff I can hardly move them at all. I suspect it's just a side effect of the injury/being immobilised in a boot for weeks, but I'll still get the fracture clinic to check it out when I go for my appointment next week.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.