Foot Fusion

Posted , 5 users are following.

can anyone help me please.?, i need a foot fusion as my consultant has said, i am very wary of this and its implications and consequences.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

imageimage

hi there

i hope you are well, 2 weeks ago i had right midfoot fusion, 8 joints removed and fused, bone taken from heel and packed in.

im struggling, its tough, no weight bearing for a long time, full cast minimum 6 weeks then moon boot introducing little weight at a time, the post surgery pain for me is very sore, cannot sleep.

my biggest struggle is i am still recovering from left knee replacement 3 months ago, its too much strain on it with crutches.

this will be worth it for me, ive had 3 knee replacements, 2 thumb fusions, alot of shoulder work and now this, all in 3 years, im only 36,

what i say is have good people around you, be strong and positive and smile, i never let this beat me up, ive suffered for 20 years already and im the winner, i never complain, never drag anyone down, keep positive, i know it sounds like a load of *#%+ but trust me, it works because the results will be awesome

• Posted

Hi,

im so sorry you are having to go through so much. I have end of stage arthritis to the rightt subtalar joint.

I have to make the decision as to have it operated on or not so im looking for feedback

• Posted

I had it done and the pain was awful for a year. I was eating painkillers so they decided to take out the metal work and when they ex-rayed it they saw that the screws had forced the bones apart and it hadn't and could never fuse so another hospital repaired it. I now could drive a bus under my toe, they say they dont know how it happened my toe points us I can wear no shoes and its an inch short. I'm now going for number 3 opp. Im self employed so Ive lost a lot of money with this. but need it sorted. m based in Islington London. If i could change it all I think i would have never had it done. you cant ever wear heels or backless shoes so you'll need a clear out 😦 good luck. I'll upload a pic of my recent ex-ray later 😉

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.