Foot injury from running

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello, while running 7 days ago I rolled my foot outwards (ankle side). I continued running as it didn't hurt too much but was in pain when I got home. I was limping that day but the pain massively improved 24hrs after the injury. Since then I've been using the RICE recovery method while still having to do some walking.

The pain is still there but only if I manipulate my foot in a certain way (rolling it outwards). There's still some bruising but nothing major and none of my bones seem to hurt to touch.

What I'm asking is, is it possible I've broken my foot? Or is this most likely a sprain?

Thank you

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

It is possible that you broke your foot but it is more likely a sprain. I rolled my foot too and it did take quite a long time to be pain free. It still hurts but only if I turn the sole of my foot in toward the other foot. I do that while exercising my foot but that's the only time so mostly I'm pain free. Hope you recover completely.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.