Foot injury - opinions?

Posted , 2 users are following.

hi, so i fell up the stairs this morning and whacked the front of my foot on the corner of the concrete stairs. its swollen, bruised and its sooo painful to put weight on it i have attached a photo

im going hospital after work today but want to knlw what people think i may have done / what the hospital would do to treat it?

thank you

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

It is very hard to tell just by looking at the picture, but judging by the intensity of the pain (which according to your report seems high) you may have fractured one of the many small bones in your foot. In this case, you may have to have your foot in a cast or bandaged for a few weeks. You may also have only a contusion, but only an x-ray can tell exactly. Get Well!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.