Foot movement timescale

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi

So I am 5 weeks today (20th September) into a non surgical, full tendon rupture. I have been in a moon boot for 4 weeks and last week I removed one of three wedges. I have been FWB now for about 10-14 days without the use of crutches. Over the last couple of days I have very carefully tried pointing my foot with very limited/almost no success. No pain or discomfort mind you. My calf is now about half the size of my healthy leg and still hangs like a water filled sack, no tension at all. Is this still perfectly normal and am I just expecting too much, or should there be some sort of movement/tension?

Thanks for any input you may have

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

It's been sick weeks since surgery and I went to see my doctor today and he gave me two choices. Weight bearing just with boot or a sneaker with crutches or alternating them. I have 8 weeks of physical therapy and then he will reevaluate.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.