Foot orthothics

Posted , 2 users are following.

In a nut shell, I had a foot injury(tibial tendon)  which was misdiagnosed and the arches collapsed in my feet. They are flexible flat feet and not rigid.

I had a custom orthothic made .. the top part is spongy, but the plate under the foot is hard.

After 6 mos, I started to get knee and hip pain in them. I think I require one with a somewhat flexible plate under my foot. I read online, you need some flexibility when working out or if your more active.

Any ideas?

Also, should I get one for dress shoes bc I’m not sure how I’d work this if I need to get into a low heel 

Thanks 

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

IN my case I have fallen arches and plantar facia titis. I get several pair of arch supports online at 19 dollars and 99 cents each. These arch supports also have metatarsal inserts choices to fit in your individual arch and soft cushion in heel area all one piece. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.