Foot pain after exercise

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi everyone

I have recently started Zumba classes and walking a lot. I have developed severe pain in both feet. It occurs at the top of my feet at the sides and is so painful I struggle to walk especially in the morning. Any help much appreciated 

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Are you icing after the activity?  Signs of swelling?  Discoloration?  Could be a strain or sprain of ligament or tendon.  Could be a stress fracture.  Maybe it's just the shoes you are wearing.  Best to see the doctor for a diagnosis.  GOOD LUCK

• Posted

Hi, thanks for your reply. I haven’t used ice. Swelling yes, a little, feels bruised. I was thinking my foot wear to be honest. 
    • Posted

If your shoes are worn or not big enough ... you will have issues.  Feet will swell as you engage in Zumba and walking.  You might want to soak your feet in cool/cold water after exercising.  You might want to look at your shoes not large enough, worn, too squishy of soles, too stiff or firm of soles, etc.  Take a few minutes and do some research.  Nike's website is information.  There are youtube videos that you can find from Nike and other footwear manufacturers that explain how to find a good shoe.  Good luck!   

• Posted

Thank you, I was wearing cheap light trainers as my adidas ones weren’t suitable. Went to a sports shop and tried on a pair of Nike flex, so supportive and eased the pain straight away. It stated that they are for intensive use so should be good for Zumba 😁

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.