Foot Pain for 9 months

Posted , 4 users are following.

Looking for suggestions please? I started to have foot pain on the top side of my foot, below my 3-4th toe. It would swell if I was on it all day. I had not done anything to cause this.  Then it started to be pain on the ball of my foot. It would swell and was a burning/aching type of pain. At times it is in my arch, at times it is on the ball and at times it is below my 2-3 toes (top of metatarsals). I do not have it when I am laying down and it never is tingly.  I went to 6 different Dr's and not one of them helped. I left they were all guessing. I went to 1 foot Dr. X ray clear and she wanted to give me a shot to "see if it would change it", the remaining 5 Dr's were Chiros and Acupuncturists. So to date I have had X rays, 3 months of acupuncture, 7 months of adjustments, red LED light therapy, some sort of frequency therapy, hydro therapy, etc. I have tried every supplement, dietary guides,etc. that was suggested and nothing changed. It is still swelling when I am on it for any length of time.  I do not have health insurance so I am trying to avoid jumping on the Western medicine train of endless testings and referrals.  Now I am at a loss for ideas. Any suggestions would be appreciated. (I do not have any known medical conditions and I am a normal weight for my height and I am a 40 yr old female. Thanks

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Sounds like autoimmune. I started the same way with in four years I had RA .
    • Posted

Thanks Shelia. Sorry to hear you have RA. Have you tried Serrapeptase? Some people have luck with it. I've been taking it and it isn't helping me but it is helping a few friends that I told them about it. I have made another appointment with another foot Dr. but I have to wait 9 more days to get in. Today I took 3 Mortin because I knew I would be on my feet and it didn't help. Swelling on the top and the ball of my foot. I was thinking it was RA, the Motrin would help. When I find out what this Dr. says, I will post the answer I got. I am in Florida and you would think we would have great Dr's with so many Seniors....not the case at all. Thanks again Shelia.

• Posted

Hi...go to a ortho doctor and ask for a MRI...X-rays won't show tears...I had pain like that and they had to repair the plantar plate ...good luck#

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.