Foot peeling

Posted , 7 users are following.

My foot is peeling completely from where the ankle incisions are to my toes. I've been in a boot since about two weeks post op. The skin is also darker there too. Very similiar to peeling after too much sun. Anyone else experience this?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Yes, not so much darker but I have an area on the outer incisional area down the side of my foot that is finally now after 4wks starting to peel. I saw another post here about someone saying the same thing and how it seemed like it would never soften. I use shea butter and all sorts of stuff but it's still slow to go back to normal.

• Posted

I used olive oil. Just warm a little up in a dish and apply it to your skin. It won't hurt the incision in fact it's a healing agent and it better than lotion. I did this and it really helped!! I'm not sure of darkness but my foot still swells and turns purple/red and I'm 14 wks post op. I know it's all normal though. Good luck with healing!

• Posted

I use aquafor after I got

Stitches out . I put on incision and on feet . First I rub arnicare around my heels and toes and around. Not in incision bc it helps w swelling pain and bruising . Let that soak in and then rub aquafor. I then let it all air out. I then wipe the majority off of my foot but leave it on the incision sites, place new gauze on those , rewrap w ace, and put cast sock and boot back on. If I am showering that day I clean incisions w sterile saline wound wash before all

That. I don't shower every day bc it is such a hassle!!!! I do every other day. It's not like I'm up doing stuff! Lol! Hth

• Posted

Hi Angela's. I'm nearly 16 weeks since fall 15weeks post op. Got rid of everything 5weeks ago. As soon as my last cast came off my skin was peeling from just below my knee down to the top of my toes. Mostly around lower foot and over the top of my foot. Mine came off every day while I showered.,then while drying with gentle rubbing. I used a rich body moisture cream morning and night. Everything was back to normal within a week. Now skin is great. Still using the cream every day as now in my daily routine. Just be VERY VERY careful while shaving. The hair on my leg were so bad I looked like a 🙊. Lol when the hair grows back around my wound on inside of my ankle, it seems to be a lot stronger and thinker than ever before. Don't know why tho? Just b please be very careful. Good luck. Sx

• Posted

Interesting. I haven't noticed any peeling yet, but I'm only 3 weeks out and haven't taken the dressing off of my incision because I'm too scared to see it, so who knows what's going on under there lol I have noticed that the skin on top of my ankle has little scabs on it. Not a lot but I'm not sure why? Anyone else experience that?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.