Foot's middle finger problem

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi, 

For last 10 or 12 years my right foot's middle finger has the developed a cover/layer on top (i don't know how to explain the name/i am attaching a picture) which is very painful at times especially while walking due to the friction caused by top of the shoe and the finger. I also have flat feet. 

I don't know what is the solution for this? is there any medicine or surgery to remove it? please help. 

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Have your shoes been rubbing? Any swollen joints? Do you know what your Cholesterol level is?

There are many things which that.could be - so I think you need to see your doctor.

• Posted

Thank you Ben for your reply. I do not have swollen joints or high cholesterol level. When I wear flexible shoes as sneakers, i cannot feel any pain due to the soft material. But when I wear formal/work shoes there indeed is rubbing and pain, the position has been there for many years. 

I only wonder is surgery recommended or is there any medicine or natural ways to induce it to become small?

• Posted

They may just be corns.

You can google “How to get rid of corns”. There are loads of home remedies.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.