Foot Surgery

Posted , 4 users are following.

This is probably the wrong group!

I had foot surgery 3 days ago and then inserted a metal pin that sticks out of my second toe. I basically just want a bit of reassurance should you be able to feel your toe with the pin sticking out? Because I am unable to feel someone touching it?! But I can feel then touching the other toes ... Ugh I am scared!

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

It's early you will feel it in time, did you call your doctor, you should make an appointme good luck

• Posted

It's very early. I had both my feet done H.V on both feet .Meaning bunion and hammer toe .Wires were placed in both feet .Wires were placed through top side of my feet .He took them out after to weeks.I didn't have the wire in my toes .But I can tell you this .You will go through different stages of healing. I too got scared with wires.Didn't feel pain on healing after removal of one of them .I also had a procedure called Hypercure a stent is placed in the tissue of your Ancles so in my case my Ancles were dropping due to flat feet .This corrected my arch as well. I'm now going 3 months First foot was done October the 11th Second foot November 28.Very painful after second day after surgery. But then subsides. Take it easy and slow all will be fine.And you will be so happy you did it.Remember all kinds of different pains. Call your Doctor with any concerns.Good Luck and Happy feet. Off to see my Doctor he's placing me in a walking and driving shoe. Fixing to do the walk of pain is what I call it !!Bye Bye crutches and Walker..Have s Blessed pain free day!!

• Posted

My surgery isn't until January 23rd but my guess is your poor toe is still traumitized and maybe even numb from ansthesia. I know it's easy for me to say, but try not to fret over it too much yet. Some of the nerves were no doubt severed and your poor toe is upset wondering what happened. I'm a Reiki healer and will gladly send you healing if you so desire. In any case, sending you healing thoughts! <3

• Posted

I had surgery on this toe last year as I have friebergs disease and it went wrong because they damaged the nerve which means I can move my toes. Therefore they did this surgery and it's scaring me because I can't feel the toe at all I don't even know if that's normal. I don't have an appointment now until Jan 6th which is a good couple of weeks away do I just leave it?

I'm wearing a healing shoe which means I can walk using my heel and crutches. I'm such a wimp haha

• Posted

It seems that if you were brave enough to endure this surgery you are most certainly not a wimp! I can see why you are concerned though. Sending comforting thoughts. razz

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.