Foot surgery complications.

Posted , 5 users are following.

In 2014 I hurt myself at a 4 day JROTC program at school. I fell of a high obstacle course log thing. The said it was either a ligament tear or sprain gave me a boot. I didn't stay off of it as long as reccomended (mistake)...the ending of 2014 and begining of 2015. I had my first surgery ever. They said just two ligaments are missing so they wanted. Too find those ligaments and attach them back. I went in too surgery and came out worse!my surgeon said when we actually went in and started looking your daughter foot was worse than he thought! My tendons were torn apart so my foot was hung over and I had joint damage and dead tissue AND THE TWO LIGAMENTS MISSING I woke up too lots of pain and my mom telling me I wasn't only gonna be down for two months but for at least 12 months. I was very active so imagine my stress and I was still half high form the drugs so it didn't kick in till later I knew something was song cuz the pain was not a normal pain u just know but everyone kept saying I wasn't trying hard enough it was in my head etc. Anyway months go by come too figure out I needed another surgery.so I did the 2 surgery in 2016 febuary except the screws were not the problem I've been too so many appt. I live at the hospital I've called doctors in other states seen lots of doctors had numerous of test and my pain gets worse I'm too young too have too lay most my day I have too crawl most the time my back is giving out and now I am thinking of foot amputation I've been down nearly three years still in chronic pain and all my doctors have too say is if I I basically diagnose my dann self they don't try anyways whoever knows a good doctor too maybe fix me hit me up.

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

armoni75530, you telling they had said, they wanted to find two ligaments and attach them back. So you went in to surgery and came out worse! So as you said, till now you have had:

1-      Major reconstructive surgery,

2-      screw removal,

You still telling that your left foot is giving out!!!? I really wonder why they don’t have a classic reconstruction A: Watson-Jones procedure; B: Evans procedure; C: Chrisman-Snook procedure for you? I would tell you do not give up, although I know how hard it is, but don’t give up.

shante62, so you also have had arthroplasty surgery twice:

1-      The first one they open me up and put your ligaments back together

2-      Second time the pain was constantly hurting and tjeee stabbing pains will not go away. So your nerves kept hitting against each other and growing. So they open me up the second time in did a lot of scraping… &…

And now they are saying a third surgery! because you keep have this stabbing pain, swelling, and arthritis too… the pain and swelling won't go away. As I’m asking for the name of surgeries, it’s because I want to know what kinds of surgery they have done, & WHY this happened to you my friends, It shouldn’t be like this… you said they opened you up and put your ligaments back together it looks like it have been a brostrom. I wish you a better situation, Our hearts goes with you…

• Posted

Yea, but it wasn't only my ligaments. my tendons where torn apart.and I had lots of dead tissue with the major reconstruction surgery. And I have never heard of those procedures before. And thanks I'm trying not too.

• Posted

Ihad one surgery...difficult surgery...spent twelve weeks non weight bearing...spent nine months learning to walk withoutca limp...and have no difficulties.

Search out the finest surgeon you can find.

Remember, someone graduated at the bottom of the class...just necause your name is followed by M.D. does not mean you know what you are doing.

I wish both of you the best...this is such sad stories.

hugs

• Posted

Hey y'all I know its been a long time. But I've been busy with my foot and kids.anyway I went too see the pain management doctor for the first time like 2 weeks ago she said she thinks my circulation might be getting cut off. From my foot up. She just prescribed me pills too take for a month and they make me really tired they are called nortriptylin anyways I basically have no luck still!!but if anyone has any info about surgeons etc. Just lemme know thanks.

I hope everyone is well

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.