Foot swollen

Posted , 8 users are following.

I posted this about two weeks ago and have had no responses from any one for some reason I don't seem to be receiving any emails from this site. But my foot on operated leg has been swollen since the surgery 6 months ago has anyone had this problem. Hope to hear from someone.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

hello Deb. I have issues with my foot as well.

Post op I developed a neuroma on th ball of the operated leg so I feel like I am walking on a lump. My foot does not work the same as my other anymore and feels cold and less usable somehow. My surgeon brushed it off to e honest but I am wondering if there is nerve damage from part of the operation. I am in my second year post op and all is OK with the knee thank goodness.

All the best.

• Posted

I have had swelling in my foot but given time it went away (yeah I know no real help ) Have you tried elevating your leg above your heart? I was given that advice from my therapist back when I had that issue it did go away. If this make sense if all else fails and it driving you nuts call the Dr. no matter what it is not normal maybe the Dr. can shed some light on it??
  • Posted

Hello.. I had a partial knee replacement 12 weeks ago I have a problem with my foot very painful around ankle and across my instep when I walk and ankle swells alot consultant told me it's because my leg had bowed because of the way I walked before my surgery I waitedalot of years and was in alot of pain. So when they did replacement they straighten my leg and now my foot is not inline when I walk so am seeing a podiatrist and hope they can help with the problem.

• Posted

Hi deb when I had my half knee replacement nine years now I went flared footed had to get insoles from physio and do exercises on my feet hope you get it sorted soon
    • Posted

Hi Anna 

How is your partial at 9 years ? I’m two years PKR and just curious . Thank you .

Debbie 

• Posted

Are you elevating it enough?
    • Posted

Probably not. When I asked Dr at my 6 month follow up end of last month, didn't seem to bother him he didn't look at it told me to see my primary care. I will be 7 months on the 30th and feel like I'm going backwards. I have night pain again and some day pain also. I have very low energy don't feel much like doing anything. Don't know if this is all normal or what. Now they tell me I will need right one done at some point. I am 72 and was fairly active before all this.

• Posted

Had RTKR over a year ago March 2017. I do have some existing lymphatic and leg issues and the surgery has made the op leg more swollen from just above the knee down. The surgery causes a lot of tissue trauma and can take a long time to repair, maybe up to two years. But some folk always have a tendency to have some swelling after TKR if they are more active than usual. With any luck, yours may resolve. My surgeon was not too concerned when I went for a check up as the x rays and everything looked good. See your doc if it bothers you, good luck.
    • Posted

Yes mine wasn't concerned at all. It's just annoying, I have to take my shoes off come 5 pm.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.