Foot tingling

Posted , 4 users are following.

Recently I am having tingling (pins and needles ??) on the insteps of my feet. I wonder is it due to diabetes and how it can be cured or minimized.

I look forward to suggestions.

Regards.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

It could be Noel; how long have you been a ?T1D? I have had numb feet - only the balls near my toes - for at least 10 of my 19 years as a T1D.  Not getting worse, yet. as for you dear man, obviously improve your detailed control of blood sugars and do some running and cycling. How long does the tingling last, and is it at the same time of day?.

Good luck with other replies. Brian Thomas

• Posted

That's neuropathy so you need to monitor your blood sugar. This happens to me and I take long walks to bring down my blood sugar. Be careful these are warning signs. Are you taking medicine for diabetes ?

• Posted

Bori, I am grateful to you.

There seems agreement that I  have neuropathy. I test my blood sugar regularly, but I will be more careful in what I eat and try to walk more, I do not take medication for diabetes, but massage my feet for the tingling with cream, e.g. Eurax (Crotamiton).

Have you any suggestions for curing/minimizing the neuropathy?

• Posted

Are you definitely diagnosed as a diabetic? If so what medication are you on - just tablets or insulin as well? I am presuming you have  a diabetes health professional. If so, you need to make an appointment ASAP as you probably have diabetic neuropathy.
    • Posted

gill70346, Thanks.

I am diagnosed with diabetes, but am not on medication, but test my glucose levels.I see health professionals, and get conflicting opinions. I think I have neuropathy, probably due to diabetes,

• Posted

Taffytom (Brian Thomas), many thanks.

I have type 2 diabetes and watch my blood sugars, rarely above 7.I used to hill walk and cycle, but now have osteoarthritis and walk  regularly, but slowly,  for about 40 minutes per day.

The tingling is most noticeable  at night and wakes me up at times. I use a cream, e.g. Eurax (Crotamiton).

• Posted

Whenever you feel that tingling check your blood sugar right then. Most likely a sugar spike. I get them after I eat more than I should especially at night. I drink a lot of water and walk. Helps big ! Blood. sugar reading 246 after walk 140.
  • Posted

Bori,

many thanks.

I will take your advice.

Drinking water may help.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.