Football/excessive running injury

Posted , 2 users are following.

Sustained an injury about 4 months ago thought to be a stress fracture. Had an x-ray and MRI done and all there is to show is some edema on 4th and 5th metatarsal, no fracture. I still have pain in 4th/5th metatarsal when I walk and if I attempt a calf raise. What could it be?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

bad bruises can last up to 6 months so I'd give it another 2, ice and elevate when possible. That part of the foot has a low blood supply so healing takes quite a long time. You could get another opinion however if the MRI showed no fracture I suspect time will heal you. good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.