Football in tummy

Posted , 4 users are following.

Does anybody feel like they are sleeping on a football when lying on there tummy with rectocele and cystocele. I haven't seen this symptom mentioned so feeling a bit unsure if I've docs have missed something here.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Margaret that doesn't sound a typical symptom, I had a rectocele which I had surgery for but I was found to have an inguinal hernia (not repaired) and an enterocele which was found in surgery. Unfortunately I have since had a uterus prolapse not treated but I also have endometriosis found out a couple of years back so I'm not too sure what symptom causes what but I don't think rectocele or cystocele would cause those 'football on tummy' symptom. I think you should possible ask for abdominal ultrasound or something similar, good luck.

• Posted

Ok Donna thanks,after twelve weeks of being told I have IBS by four docs I reluctantly went to my local gum clinic,which my daughter made me go with the symptoms I was having. So hence the prolapse diagnosis,of which they have now referred me to gynea. I can't actually feel any lumps or anything when I press with my fingers but because I am a tummy sleeper I feel so uncomfortable and can't sleep that way as because as I say it feels like I'm lying on a football . Anyway will get it checked by gynea when I get the appointment.thanks.

• Posted

Is your tummy extended aswell coz mine is like I'm pregnant it's awful not sure if it's sort of same thing but it's getting me down as unsure what exercises I can do till I see consultant whenever that will be it's not even changed since I gone back to work which is strange xx

• Posted

Hi Chrissy I've always had a large tummy anyway even bigger at one time when I was heavier so it's hard to tell if it's extended or distended as my tummy tends to hang over with carrying nearly all my weight on my belly area.slim arms legs upper body but massive tummy. However I've been dieting and for all I'm going down in most places ,my stomach seems bigger or probably just not losing it from that area. Not sure but a little disturbed by it at the minute .

• Posted

Yes I can understand that it's so annoying isn't it I've been working 4 weeks now and cut out bad food although I'm only working 20ish hours but I clean houses and don't drive so walk to all my jobs so just walking to my jobs is 7 hours a week and I've not lost 1 pound very strange xxx

• Posted

Same here Chrissy,up at half six go to daughter's house and clean for her help look after my two grandchildren,just toddlers so very energetic,come home do my own housework make a meal,do bit more housework,see to my garden ,do husbands packed lunch for next day. Eventually sit down for half nine. Eat a very healthy diet,Mediterranean low carb. But still horrible big belly .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.