for 3 yrs I've suffered with 3 slipped disks, bilateral pars defects&spondylosis help!!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi I've suffered with back pain for about 5 years and had an MRI back then to be told I had a slipped disks. Things have got worse over the last couple of years so I had a CT scan last November. My GPS told me that nothing worrying had appeared.

I went to physio and they gave me a copy of my scan. WOW I couldn't believe what I read:

Bilateral pars interarticularis defects L5

Left sided pars interarticularis defect of S1

Some soft tissue calcification within posterior disc L5/S1.

L3-L5 posterior disc prolapsed

Mild lumber spondylosis.

I ask my GP about the results and why he never told me the findings and he said it's because nothing can be done to fix it.

I'm 29 yrs old and feel 90 yrs old the pain is awful!! Does ANYONE suffer with the same things and have they had any treatment I really could do with speaking to people with similar problems as I'm so down with this now and the thought I'm stuck with it and taking painkillers by the bucket load.

Thanks for reading hope to hear off you. 😧

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Unfortunately Gps and Physios will tell you anything that they think will save money.The nothing to worry about is lies.Very rarely is there a nothing can be done.My brother who lives in Australia had spinal stenosis last year.They fused 3 dscs togeher and he has cage in his throat.It was  acse of lets do it know or you will be in  chair for life very soon.There outlook and attitude is different.Im still dealing with Physios that have the its not that bad attitude.Exercise will fix it when i can harlly walk on some days.Thearpy does not fix back damage any more than it does a broken leg.It just makes them feel better.CBT as they call it is just theoretic nonsense.I had an XRAY.Results.Your fine.9 months latter and a new Gp booked me in for an MRI.iT showed disc damage with two touching the nerve.

I have almost given up on the Physio as he is of no help at all.I may borrow money against my house and see what the private sector can do for me as the NHS is interestedin cutbacks and little else.

All there TV camapains .We care are just marketing.The majority of them could not care less.All youcan do is keep trying and hope that you get somebody that does there job.I cant even get anything for basic pain management.

Good luck.

• Posted

Hi haligan,

I have just read your story, and I sorry you are having so many problems ..... A lot of the Doctor's are a joke in this country ...... I can say that from personal experience.

I am not sure where you live, but I would suggest that you try to get yourself referred to the Walton Centre in Liverpool. I am being treated there and I only here good things about it ...... 

They have a page on facebook ...... too ..... 

I personally feel this hospital should be supported however we can ...... because I belive it is doing the right and good things for people .....

And you will appreciate I am sure .... that matters a lot in our situation. 

I hope this helps 

Kind regards

Gary 

• Posted

Thank you both for your comments. You r both correct that physio is just useless I'm going to make another appointment with my GP as I have just had enough I've looked into the Walton centre and am going to ask 2 be referred. I'm only in Liverpool myself. So let's catch how this goes eh x
    • Posted

Hi If you are in Liverpool you would be mad not to go there. Had a spinal op. there 3 months ago and cannot begin to praise the expertise and excellence of this place.

Indeed it is he only  NHS hospital in Uk dedicated to Neuroscience ( all that work there are Neurosurgeons). As a resident of Liverpool you will have every right to be referred there, I requested to go there and I am way outside their trust catchment area.

Any help you need keep asking the questions, lots of us have been through it and can help you navigate it- I  had to do all the research myself, so lots of info. if required.

Keep positive there is a way.

• Posted

I will make enquiries.Im London based and zero is available apart from no funds etc.I will call them in the week and see what they say.

Thankyou

• Posted

It's so good to hear from you all its gone on that long that I'm just totally fed up with it. I'm going to make an appointment to be referred to the walton centre I'm going to put my foot down. I'm scared that if it's left any longer that more damage can be caused. I don't want it to get to a point were I'm told in a few years if I got it sorted earlier it would of been easier to fix

Xx

• Posted

I was wondering if It could be fixed by surgery or if I would even be offered it because there was no stenosis found on the scan even tho I had the other issues xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.