FOR ALL WEIGHTWATCHERS FOLLOWERS

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello everyone,

I feel the need to post my experience as there has been a lot of confusion over Orlistat and Weightwatchers.

I am not a professional, I'm only posting my experience for others to read. I'm not telling anyone to follow my plan as everyone is different. Im just aware that there are a lot of different ideas for diet regarding the tablets.

When I started two weeks ago, I was confused. I follow Weightwatchers (points). I decided to take Orlistat and follow Weightwatchers. I haven't counted calories because those of you who know WW, will know that sat fat and calories are how they work out your daily points. I'm currently on 29.

Here goes:

1. For the last two weeks I have stuck to 29 points a day,

2. I haven't done any exercise

3. I've tried to drink 2 litres of fluid a day but somedays less, somedays more.

4. I've taken 1 tablet, 3 times a day just before I eat

5. I have experienced oil when I use the loo but this is managable and its just in the toilet.

6. I have had 2 accidents - 1. I ate chocolate and 2. I ate chinese. These foods are in my points but obviously over the reccommended fat levels.

most importantly ....

7. In 2 weeks I've lost 4kg's. (8.8lb) (I've opted for fortnightly weigh in's)

Like I said, I'm only posting to show others that you can take the tablets and just follow WW, not having to count 25-35g of fat a day. OK, if you don't want oil then you do have to be careful, but I have had 2 SMALL accidents and the other just seems ok as its not on my clothes just in the pan. I have had headaches, hence drinking more water.

I don't mean to offend anyone who strictly follows the g of fat a day thing but I just wanted Weightwatchers to know for me it worked. Everyone is different, its trial and error, but I'm pleased.

Hope I have helped.

Sarah

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

well done for your weight loss and thanks for starting this thread. I have been confused as i think that my following ww i am eating more colories and less fat. I have weigh in tonight at ww and tom with nurse after 2 weeks on tablets. I will keep you posted as i might swap from points to cal and fat.

Louise

• Posted

Good luck Louise. Please let me know how you get on. I would hate to have posted this and it's only me.

Sarah

• Posted

lost only 1 lb at ww this week. Im ditching ww points for cal and fat. Im using a tracker in excel to record what i eat. Tried it today and its good - just short on fat so eating walnuts. Have nurse tom so might use that measurement.
  • Posted

Hi Louise,

1lb is still a pound off! I love tracking stuff, I have a journal and the pang of guilt I get if I don't record everything is bizarre.

At the end of the day you have to find whats right for you and you only. Being disciplined on WW works for me at the moment but in a month or two I might have to reassess. No quick list to the do's and donts hey.

Good luck with the fat and cal tracking. Fingers crossed for next two weeks for both of us.

Sarah

• Posted

Hi Sarah,

I too am doing weight watchers, but got the Orlistat from my docs. My WW leader recommended I didnt take them at first to see how I get on with the points system... I am thinking about introducing the tablets...

Just to confirm you are continuing your points as usual, just taking your pills aswell?

Also do you know if they have any side effects with alcohol??

Thanks

Shazzy x

• Posted

Hi there,

I'm taking 1 tablet 3 times a day and sticking to my daily points, thats it.

I have eaten foods within my points and experienced the oil but that was chinese and chocolate so I know what I can and can't get away with. I have a Kit Kat as a treat, its 2.5 points, says 5.6g fat but I never have side effects. I'm not a huge chocolate eater but a like a lil bit now and then. Curly Wurly are good too 1.5 points.

I'm not sure about the alcohol hun, I don't drink.

I used to clerk at my meeting so I have some experience with WW. I should imagine your first week on WW you lost between 4-7lbs. If you follow weightwatchers for a month, within your points you can expect to lose between 8-10lb for the month. Then it will slow down after 6-8 weeks. (going on experiences at class)

If I'm being completely honest, your leader is probably worried you'll quit. I don't go to class but my nurse at the GP's weigh's me every two weeks. I use track to write down my measurements every 4 weeks and point my food and drink. (massive help)

As you will notice this is completely trial and error. There are lots of options open to you and you do have to find whats best for you, it may not be the same as everyone else.

Take care,

Sarah

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.