FOR CHARLIE GIRL

Posted , 2 users are following.

HI, Can I just ask how long was you taking sertraline when it started to help with your anxiety. I also take 15mg mirtazapine and today is my second day of 50mg sertrline, this morning I woke up feeling very anxious, but about 1 hour after taking sertraline I could feel the anxiety lifting, and felt good all day, just hope it gets better also got my appetite back, only side effect seems to be a bit of a headache.

Danielle.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi danielle,

i think it was about 4 weeks, and i could see improvement , I'm not saying I'm completely better but it has made me mobile again .

I seem to be stuck at a stand still very little energy soo the psych upped my dose to 100. I took the mirtazapine for sleep and appetite and it worked, but had problems when the dose was raised and everythin went awall... sooo i'm waiting to see if the increase has any effect, so far it is hard to tell. Still don't sleep well it's now 2.30am and i wish it was the first night again of taking mirtazapine cuz it would let me sleeeeeeep, but it decided to poop out on me. Did get a good sleep fom diazepam but you can't stay on them forever!

I hope it starts working for you and may be you can get some normality back...wHATS tHaT any ways ?? I'm sure I've got insomnia, used to be able to sleep for hours and dream of sheep...xxx

take care:wink:

• Posted

Danielle,

hows it going with the sertraline ?

Any improvement? x

• Posted

Hi, I have an appointment with psch on tuesday, I take the mirtazapine at night and have terrible knots in stomach and aggitation from the moment I open my eyes and lasts most of the day but when I take the sertraline of a morning it does seem to calm it a little, was thinking of giving the mirtazapine a miss to see if thats what is causing it I know Ill miss the sleep it brings.

Do you take sertraline of a morning or night?

Might just plod on till tuesday,

Thanks for thinking of me, how you doing yourself?

Best Wishes

Danielle

• Posted

Hi Danielle,

i take the sertraline in the morning, i did find that when i was on 100mg of sertraline and 15mg of mitazapine it was too much, i was shaky and agitated, dropped the sertraline to 50mg and still took 15 of mirtazapine and i was ok.

Now that i am off the mirtazapine i am back on 100mg of sertraline with no side effects.

I'm doing ok but am also suffering from chronic fatigue syndrome so some days i am useless. Hope this helps you i did find that i got no withdrawal effects when i stopped the mirtazapine and i stopped them suddenly so i was lucky..

What dosage of sertraline are you on at the moment?

Take care x :wink:

• Posted

50mg, forgot to take mirtazapine last night and am feeling terrible today,had a panic attack, got letter from mental health unit to say its only an assesment on tuesday and not for treatment. dont know how much more of this i can take just want some relief from it all. slowly loosing the will to live.

Danielle.

• Posted

Danielle, hope you are feeling better, 50 mg of sertraline is a low dose, may be it's bcuz you didn't take the mirtazapine. Sometimes i think our body becomes sensitive and even a slight change can effect us.

I have had like brain zaps when ive missed a dose and anxiety on withdrawal ...

hang in there.. :wink:

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.