For every pound you lose on a low fat diet you lose 3lb more on top of that with the tablets

Posted , 8 users are following.

Can anyone clarify if this statemen tis corrcet please . I read it in a post somehwere, cant remember where. x

0 likes, 39 replies

39 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

funny you should say that cus last time i gave up food and ate like a rabbit i lost 5 stone just like that. you see i was a smoker and i gave it up and then put the weight on again. now im 5 stone over weight and type 2. wish i have stayed a smoker now. supposed to be healther but not im a fat git and chronicaly ill lol, oh lordy
  • Posted

Turvell, try the blue buddies first before drastic measures like the gastric band. form the information I hav e gleaned from this forum, the pills encourage and supports you to make healthy choices too, whihc is not how I understand the band to work. x
  • Posted

no the band just makes your stomach small so you feel full after a tiny bit of food. but it is risky and is for ever as cant be removed
  • Posted

Don't be too hard on yourself ladies. This is my 6 th week on Orlistat so far I've lost 12 lb, my first 2 weeks I lost 6 lb then on my 4 th week weigh in I'd lost 9 lb. I too was really disappointed but I'd rather lose slowly than too quick (keeps me more determined)  
    • Posted

I lost my weight pretty fast but as i have said everyone is different well done on your weight loss  x

• Posted

Well done Rachel, I agree to lose slowly is better than nothing at all. Keep up the good hard work x

• Posted

if i dont loose a stone this week im going to hack of my right leg and thats that
    • Posted

if you lose astone this week, Ill come and find ya and scratch your eyes out lol xx

• Posted

This was advertised on all chemists posters etc to promote Ali - or whatever it's called! Bit peeved to hear it as the exceptionally low fat diet and allllll the workouts I've done this week is apparently all down to the tablets!! -I've lost just over 5 lbs 

• Posted

Hi Ladies, sorry for the delay in replying, had to do some work - how very rude : )) x

I am going to stick at it because I have nothing to gain by stoppoing. a loss is a loss and i will take some of that! A big loss would be blooming faaaantastic tho! xx

• Posted

Yeah! stick with it Andrea!....

I am not weighing myself at all, I have been on them 6 days now and dont feel like I have lost anything!...I am trying to get used to portion control and the ap *My Fitness Pal* Britney recommended is helping me a great deal.

I have over 6 stones to loose gulp! :-(  I try not to think about how long its going to take, all I know is it took me three years to put it all on.

As you rightly said, you have nothing to loose by stopping these blue buddies.

I must admit I am really scared my doctor will not give me a 2nd month if I dont do well on these and I was not even told how much I need to loose in a month in order to be kept on them, does anyone know?

Britney is always happy to help out others with sensible advise, and is truly an inspiration to me because of her massive weight loss..

A  big thank you to you Britney! x x x x

• Posted

my doc said 5% of my body fat so i have no idea what that means or how to work it out
    • Posted

5%???...Maybe its something to do with the BMI?

Think I should have put some lead weights in my pocket when the doc first put me on the scales! ROFL

• Posted

god yes why didnt i think of that. actually they didnt weigh me so lol how will they now lol
    • Posted

@Precipitusdaisy

Your too kind thankyou for your lovely words i've gone red lol. seriously thankyou so much x

Don't worry even if you lose the smallest amount they will still give them what weight are you now? I was told when i started i had to lose 5% of my weight not fat and it will only be a few pounds! if they do get funny just show them a food diary and say they are the only thing that keeps you on the straight and narrow but believe me they will give them.

Like yourself my last few stone went on very quickly probably didn't help that i gave up smoking and ate even more chocolate at the time!

I never thought i lost anything in the first month but lost over a stone in 4 weeks i will say i felt less bloated though.

You can do it and 6 stone will come off in no time if i can do it anyone can x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.