For Everyone, Dont Stay With One Doctor's Point Of View

Posted , 8 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion

Hi my name is Jorge and I live in Uruguay, since I was born I suffer from painfull headaches. On October of 2015 I was told after a magnetic resonance that i had Chiari (6mm), and I would have my surgery on December 14th. Instead of not doing anything I searched on the internet and I found the Chiari assosiation in Argentina. I emailed the doctor and we arranged an appoinment on December 12th. When he asked me about my headaches he conclude that my headaches were not so typical of Chiari. After that my surgery was postponed, and I was told to get another magnetic resonance but this time studying the cerebrospinal fluid flow. When I got the results and I showed them to this doctor, he told me that the flow was common and that I suffer from Migraine. Now I am medicated and I am living a normal life. (In case you want to know, I play football and rugby). Hope this is useful and good luck!

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

Next

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up