For how long did gabapentin withdrawals stay for you guys?

Posted , 9 users are following.

I am on day 7 without gabapentin and its been dificult, but i am through the worst y think. It's a lot of anxiety and im feeling pretty hopeless.. anyone with experience that can tell me when the anxiety leaves and i can go back to being myself? I was on 900mg daily for 1 year.

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Prev
  • Edited

I took 3200 mg for over 5 years. Within the last 3 months, I've jumped down 800, 3 times. From 3200 to 1600 was easy. from 1600 to 800 was and still is extremely difficult. i went thru withdrawals one and felt fine for over a week, then I started withdrawing again.

Apparently this is normal. It was easier to quit opiates, Dilaudid. CT 30 DAYS and I was fine.

I've was much sicker with opiates. People said this back and forth can go on for a year.

I'm glad I cut back, still taking 800 which I may need to continue. I found out I need hip surgery, the Gabby was covering it up.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.