For how long did you have swelling?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Well it's been 8 months since my awful ankle sprain, and I still have moderate swelling. I left using ankle binder 3 months ago after my doc n PT advised me to. But now even after a little bit of walking, swelling increases. I've reduced the amount of repetitions in physio exercises, as that might be the cause of increased swelling. Is this normal to have swelling after 8 months?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Its been a year plus a month and i hurt and still very swollen. Fractured tibia and fibula Nov 2017 orif surgery Nov 2117

• Posted

Wow didn't know it can stay for that long. I feel like it's still blocking a bit of movement for me. Are you using ankle binder?

• Posted

yeah somewhat..it keeps your swelling in control. Some docs recommend to use it and some do not.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.