For people who have acute fissure or fissure not more than 2 weeks old

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hey guys ,so if u are reading this ,you must be in terrible pain, so i wanna help those guys who have recently developed fissure or have acute fissure , a lot of doctors suggest fibre and stool softeners after diagnosing acute fissure,and gtn ,diltazem ,well stool softener and creams are fine but don't go for fibre just after developing fissures, fibre creates bulk in stool ,the more bulky it is the more difficult to pass ,and remember don't continue with normal dosage of food you used to eat before developing fissure ,the less you eat ,the more time you give your fissures to heal , it's a simple logic, i m just tellin you guys this coz nobody told me this ,when i developed fissures , but this really helps , lessen ur food intake till you heal. best of luck♥️♥️

1 like, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

i agree 100%! The fiber supplement my doctor suggested made everything so much worse, because it caused too much bulk. Stool softeners, eating less and taking magnesium citrate were the best options for me.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.