For people who were wondering

Posted , 3 users are following.

So a few days ago i posted about have sharp chest pains i finally got into the doctor and he had a look at me checked my blood presure and my heart and it was fine but he diagnosed me with costochondritis which to be honest i don't know a lot about. He said it will fix itself in a few days or week but i'm worried because its part of the rib cage and wondering if anyone had some advice about it or just some information thank you 

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I thought I had this, so I googled it , although I shouldn't but just have a look, anxiety manifests on so many ways its horrible, that's why its hard to say if u have an illness or not sometimes, but if you've had it diagnosed, just do a bit of research on it,☺
  • Posted

Hey, I went to doctors yesterday, I have same as you, apparently women in there 20's it's quite common. I tried ibropufen but it didn't help with the pain, so the doctor has given me anti inflammatory gel to try
    • Posted

Thats what i got as well. I'm so worried about it i don't know why my heart feels burning and stuff. 
    • Posted

Yea, it's horrible, started in middle of my chest (between breasts) still have that but also keep getting shooting pains through ribs and under armpit, really horrible. Wish I'd feel better for more than 5 minutes lol
    • Posted

Ahh thats were i had mine and worried because i thought it was something to do with my heart D: i keep thinking i have damaged my ribs i still don't quite understand everything about it. How long have you had this?
    • Posted

Since Saturday, I'm hoping it will go away, as it's horrible, plus not my throat is killing, think I'm coming down with something as starting to feel like crap. At first I thought oh no heart attack but the pain actually feels muscular and not as deep down as my heart so I'm not panicking as much as I was, still making my heart race sometimes though 
    • Posted

Mines started thursday night when i felt my heart beating like i could actually feel it without putting my hand on my neck/arm and i'm one who panics real easy so that was me shaking and stuff when a sharp pain happened between my breasts. Is it normal for your back to be sore too? Thats just started today   
    • Posted

Yea, I've had that,but I put that down to the anxiety as now I get alot of tension along my back and back of neck, as anxiety has gone up through the roof with this chest pain. Plus shoulders have been hurting a little today, hope this is helping you a little 
    • Posted

Yes it is thank you good to talk to someone who is going through the same as me smile i think that i really need to learn how to control my anxiety because i'm probably making it worse
    • Posted

Yea it's very hard to, I'm constantly going to the doctors, feel like a right wimp. But am seeing a psychiatrist so hope that will help
    • Posted

Me too :o i went 2 times in 3 days last week. I made an appointment for that too but its not toll January so no idea what to do till thensad 
    • Posted

That's a long time to wait, think I had to wait a while but only because they kept making my appointments for when I couldn't get there. Ring samaritans, they are a 24 hour call centre, you can ring and just talk about all your worries, it could help in the meantime 
    • Posted

I might do that tomorrow thankssmile i have this tickle sensation from my neck to my right breast its weird sad  i'm worried 
    • Posted

It's ok, tickley sensation is ok, try not to worry, do some deep breathing exercises to try and calm yourself 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.