For the past week I’ve been feeling lightheaded when standing and sitting

Posted , 3 users are following.

First of all I have to admit that just before this whole dizziness and lightheadness happened, I downloaded a new game on my phone and was on it for hours non stop for like 2 days. Then all of a sudden one night after showering I felt extremely lightheaded and had to hold on to something to keep myself standing, my face gone pale as if I’m about to faint, so I quickly went to lay on bed and this whole feeling of lightheadness only lasted a few seconds, never actually fainted either. Then the next day I had another episode where I couldn’t keep my ground due to the dizziness. And then it keeps getting more frequent, to the point I’ll start feeling lightheaded after I’ve been standing or walking for a few minutes. The area above my eyes feels tight and heavy, and I get pain on the area above the eye next to the nose bridge which sometimes lead to headache aswell. I’ve been applying eye drops from the chemist but it didn’t really help. I’ve already stop playing the game on my phone and limit my time on my phone or tv daily, but I still feel dizzy everyday. When the dizziness come I feel nausea too. I think it’s due to eye strain but I would have thought that it will start to get better when I stop playing the game on my phone, but it didn’t happen. 

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I'm sorry to hear that you're suffering from this. I too, have been dealing with the same issue but for about 2 months now. I recently went to an ENT doctor and he said that the crystals in my inner ear are out of place and is sending me to PT starting the 28th. I've taken several meds like meclizine, benadryl, and phenergan to help with the light headed feeling and dizziness, but nothings seems to really help it. Have you spoken to your GP about it at all?

• Posted

U sshould always go to your gp Kerry just to be sure it may be a little blood pressure problem could be somthing more sinister Gp. Gp. Gp xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.