For those of you who have been diagnosed, was your main symptom swollen lymph nodes?

Posted , 1 user is following.

For those of you who have been diagnosed, was your main symptom swollen lymph nodes?

About two months ago, I noticed a really hard grape sized swelling underneath my left ear. I was convinced it was my parotid swelling since it's the same location and matches some pictures of a parotid tumor. Even joined a FB group and they agreed that it's identical to what theirs looked and felt like. I also have a picture from 2018 where you can see a small pea sized bump in the same location.

A few weeks later, a lymph node right below it swelled up. It's a little bigger than a pea and somewhat firm, but definitely not rock solid. I shrugged it off. Another week later and I noticed a swollen lymph node on the other side of my neck in the posterior cervical range, kinda behind my neck near my shoulder. At this point i figure I should go to the doctor, so I make a trip to urgent care figuring they'll give me antibiotics.

The doctor felt my neck, confirmed the swollen nodes (and said the one under my ear as a node too), and kinda mumbled that he felt even more lymph nodes on each side. I told him I have no symptoms of anything. No cold, sore throat, night sweats, etc.

He ended up referring me for a CBC and ENT appointment.

I go home and lay in bed and feel my clavicle and notice another lymph node about two inches away from the pointy part on my right side. SO now I have two lymph nodes at the top half of my left neck and two lymph nodes on the bottom right side, plus the ones the doctor mumbled about possibly feeling too.

Long winded, but I guess I'm wondering how unusual this is and if anyone else just had swollen lymph nodes before a diagnosis. I've been really fatigued lately, but that's it, and that's not abnormal considering I'm a teacher and it's almost summer.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.