For those on HRT.... Question!

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi all

Happy new year 😃

I've been on bhrt since March last year, and I've done okay. Still bumpy, but the old crippling anxiety, pain, health anxiety stuff has been easier to control. For the past 3 weeks, I feel like I used to in a bad way. Trouble sleeping, edgy, stomach issues, anxiety and really obsessive about how I feel and what it means. Last tested my levels last August/September and they were good, and in December had the all clear on everything else including crp, thyroid, fbc, u&es, lft and kidneys. So my question is, if all my bloods are fine, why don't I feel it? Has anyone experienced the same thing? I'm still doing all the holistic stuff exercise, meditation, taking supplements etc. Love to you all and hope you're doing well ♥

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sassy,

Sounds like you might need some adjustments to your hormones. Your body might be using more and just a added increase or maybe even a decrease is needed. Blood work with estorgen and testosterone numbers should tell the story.

• Posted

it eased my anxiety when i first went in it now its back . ive also gained a big fat stomach so think going off it gained like 20lbs and not even eating that much.

• Posted

Hi sassyr...im too on hrt and still have symotoms...hrt is not a magic cure...it helps with bones ect and i wouldnt go off it...at times i feel like my body is dying..

I think sometimes the only way is through it...ive had so many symptoms ive lost count but they do ease and i have less episodes now.....i still suffer especially with my tummy but i also get good spells too..i hope this time passes for you...the constant figuring out what is wrong with us is exsausting...hang tight..if all tests came back clear...thats reassuring....when our bodies are transitioning, it is awful tough physically and mentally.....hang tight..you are not alone in this storm. CK

• Posted

Hi Sassy,

Not sure I can give you a solid answer. But when you say you're on HRT and your labs looked good, what exactly do you mean? Did you mind sharing what was tested and how your numbers looked?

• Posted

Thanks for the kind words all. Its just disappointing to feel like you've taken a step back. I'm trying to remind myself that worst case scenario, my hormones have taken a dive... I'm not dying, but you know how it feels 😦

Gailannie - Thankyou for your reply. My last hormone blood tests came back normal. Just checked and that was about September time. I can't give you the numbers because there are reams of them, and I only have a photo. Think I can share if you want to DM xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.