For those shy to post

Posted , 7 users are following.

How about introducing yourselves here.. like an ice breaker ?

1 like, 35 replies

35 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I hate to admit that I'm an alcoholic. Yes, I've said it. I drink to numb the pain. Mental pain rather than physical pain. Everyone on here is amazing. They really help. Good luck with your journey xx
    • Posted

Thank you and good luck with yours too, if ever you decide to try and quit. I am finding that booze really does medicate however temp, but fighting not to use it all the time. I need to work more really cos that is a good distraction 
    • Posted

I'm not doing too well today but if I make it through the day I might get better x
    • Posted

keep going! You're stronger than you think xx

• Posted

I don't feel very strong today but I will give up alcohol. I've had some great advice from people on here. Tomorrow is a new day. I'm dreading it, but if I live to see tomorrow then I will be strong x

• Posted

Guest, see my post to Laura above. If you want out, there's something to help you stay on track. 
  • Posted

I'm 63 and have developed a habit over the years of drinking 6-9 beers a day.  I want to quit for good.  I have a sober day and a bad night sleep under my belt.  Hopefully things can go up hill.
    • Posted

Hi Mom. Nice to meet you. Does this mean you have just decided to try and quit and have already managed a day ? 
    • Posted

Mom, have you tried to quit before? I was drinking 84 beers a week and used The Sinclair Method to knock that down to about 20 per week. There are other ways besides that, safe to say that if you want to do it, there's considerable help without having to go the white knuckle approach.
    • Posted

I drink about 64 beers a week.  I always get a hangover and feel bad but am compelled to start over about 2:00 in the afternoon.  It's crazy I know.  I have tried to quit about 1000 times and that is a pretty accurate number.  I've tried the Sinclair Method but Naltrexone didn't work.  I guess I'm waiting for something.  I don't know.
    • Posted

i managed a day and then my screw it attitude took over.  
    • Posted

How long were you at the Sinclair Method? Did you stick to the Golden Rule of taking the Naltrexone an hour before drinking? FWIW, benzodiazepines have been found to thwart TSM.

There are other ways too, Campral, Baclofen, yet others. There's something that's going to work for you, no doubt.

• Posted

" It's crazy I know.  I have tried to quit about 1000 times ..."

This happens with most folks that have a run-in with the drink. Very common, Mom. You're not alone and it's not your fault.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.