For those who are to be re-assessed for PIP

Posted , 4 users are following.

It is a fact that your renewal for PIP usually occurs one year before the actual end date. 

The good news is that the PIP renewal form has changed and is now supposedly simpler to complete.

They are going to use the old application form plus any new information and evidence that you send relevant to any changes you advise the DWP about.

The idea is that they want to avoid having to do so many face to face re-assessments and can make a decision based on the old application plus any new evidence/changes.

This sounds like a good thing. At the moment you have to complete the PIP2 form on the basis that a re-assessment is to be treated as a wholly new claim.

Then there is a scenario, what happens if you fail to get any award following the original face to face assessment, the original PIP2 form and the evidence that you sent in? If then on appeal you are made an award by the Tribunal, should you rely on the original PIP2 as good and valid evidence?

Effectively if the DWP are following this idea, they could well turn round and say - 'no new award' especially if you tick all of the boxes on the new form saying that there has been no change to your care needs or mobility issues

uummm!.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Les,

Actually, the DWP in some cases are not even asking for a PIP Application form to be filled in, when it is a DLA to PIP change-over. You are just being informed of the change. Additional information is also on the same letter stating you are also in the ESA Support Group and will not need to be re-assessed at any time.

I read one letter they sent my neighbour stating she would be put on Enhanced Care and Mobility, considering the amount of illnesses she suffers from. It also stated it as been awarded until the year 2026. 

In many ways she is like myself, and in and out of hospitals like a yo-yo. I have 9 appointments between now and the end of August, which sounds bad, but I have had worse.

My wife who is also my Carer, has to have eye surgery starting in September to have cataracts removed.

I only found this out because of my neighbour, so she showed me the actual letters.

Regards,

Les.

• Posted

Hi Les,

I'm sure that the DWP could have been a bit flexible with the cut off point of 65 before April 8th.  I missed out by less than a month and at 68 years of age, had to complete PIP forms and have a face to face assessment.   I now await the decision.  

• Posted

Actually, the DWP in some cases are not even asking for a PIP Application form to be filled in, when it is a DLA to PIP change-over

Hi Les, that really surprises me as it is a dangerous path for the government to be taking. One of the many reasons for bringing out PIP, apart from wanting to save money, was to appease the general public that the DLA system of very few re-assessments or checks would be stopped. Hence why they trumpeted that PIP awards would always be time limited and that re-assessments would be made on a regular basis.

If what you are suggesting is happening, I would have thought that the Daily Mail would have published it.

• Posted

I know, I was 3 months short - 65 in June 2013.

But there had to be a cut off point somewhere so they chose the one that already applied to DLA.

• Posted

Hi Les,

If that surprised you then the following will really surprise you! Even I was shocked!

Since the whole Tory party movement of MP's the DWP has now changed the PIP Application completely, making it easier than ever to apply and get awarded PIP.

The fact is they are making the new PIP Application Form, just a little different than the old DLA claim form. The chances of passing the PIP assessment or even if you have to attend one, is all changing making the entire process easier for claiments.

Then the chances of getting PIP Award is much easier than before.

Progressive disorders are being dealt with, a much easier approach - because it is so obvious that there is no chance that you will improve over time, hence in a majority of cases no assessment of 'face-to-face' will not be required. Hence, what I mentioned in my previous post going from DLA to PIP is all changing, since they are totally scrapping the current PIP Application form.

Hence making it much easier to complete and not requiring so much information for new claims.

They want to clear the enormous backlog, and to do that the system required drastic changes, thus making less work for the DWP and easier on claimants.

Regards,

Les.

• Posted

Well it's a good thing that they are going to make the renewal form simpler to complete, but what you say about the decision being overruled by the Tribunal is a very good point to make Les.

Do you receive a report on the decision made by the Tribunal I wonder and if so could a copy of the report be attached to the renewal form?  

• Posted

Yes you do get a report.

I am told that these new forms have boxes for each question - No Change and Yes - there is a change.

I would assume that the DWP would look at the Tribunal decision and not the one they made based on what was stated on the PIP 2 form. But do I think that they would bother? This new form only appears to fit cases where the DWP made an acceptable decision first time without the need for a MR or appeal. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.