For those who take MSM, what does it do for you?

Posted , 7 users are following.

I've seen a few mentions of the supplement MSM.  If you take it, what does it do?  Does it help with ROM, or with pain?  Any side effects?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

It's actually just a natural, organic sulfur compound found in just about any food. I have no idea how it works because people use it for all kinds of ailments, but it really helps out with FS. I wish I had known about it the first time I had FS as it probably would have cut its duration in half (I had it for 3+ years). I got FS again in the opposite shoulder, stared taking MSM about 6 months I to it, and I'm already thawing out. I'm not even 1 year yet into it. There are absolutely no side effects (at least for me), and the hundreds of Amazon reviews are outstanding. Great stuff, but not sure how exactly it works, but it does! Best of luck, Mike.

• Posted

Hi, May I ask how you take it? I suffer from Osteoarthritis and both shoulder impingmrnt. I read about it, it seems very effective. Is this the right one: "Holland & Barrett MSM Caplets 750mg" from Holland and Barrett?

• Posted

I get 1000mg capsules at GNC. I used to take 1 capsule before bed and 1 capsule in the morning, but my FS has improved so much I just take the capsule at night now. Its weird, you really don't feel any different, but the FS seems to heal at an excellerated rate when taking it. Best regards, Mike.

• Posted

Thanks Mike. I have ordered it already, hopefully it will help me too, that I could come off the Diclofenac and lots of others! Morteza
  • Posted

I'm so thankful I found MSM.  It has helped me through the everyday discomfort.  I have not had to take any Advil since I started taking MSM. I tell all who have pain and discomfort to try it, it works!!!!!!

• Posted

Hi Jill. I have actually also been taking it for 4 months now and am 10 months into FS. I take one 1000 mg tablet and it started working within hours on the constant pain. I believe it decreases the inflammation which causes all the pain. Since starting it I have finally been able to sleep through the night and have had a more positive outlook. I've recently started PT again and what a difference! My arm can handle the stretching and pulling and my rom is increasing. I'm so happy I heard about it. Definitely try it for pain and to help with your sanity. Good luck.

• Posted

Went to PT today. My ROM is at >80%, pain is virtually gone. I'm not quite there yet, but close enough to call myself FS free. I first starting feeling pain late last September, and fully locked up by last October. So I'm very pleased how I responded to this condition this time. When I had it the first time in the opposite shoulder it lasted well over 3 years. It had to have been the MSM that accelerated the healing rate. Wish I'd known the first time.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.