Forced withdrawal due to anaphylaxis

Posted , 4 users are following.

I was prescribed gabapentin just over a week ago. 3 300 x 1 pill per day, graduating up to 600 over next three days then 900 following. Made it to first pull of second day at 900. Severely swollen throat. 2 different docs failed to call me back so I called my pharmacist. She directed me to stop pills and take Benadryl. Following day, I went into anaphylactic reaction. Next thing I'm in ER with tachycardia and dr can't give me epinephrine because it would be counter productive. I'm not on a weekly anaphylactic regimen of steroids, Benadryl and Zantac to help counter these effects. One day in and I am feeling distressed. Dr has assured me that if I stay on regimen I will be ok. Peripheral nerve damage I must live with until surgery. This is no joke especially with this kind of reaction.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I WILL PRAY FOR YOU. I WITHDRAW HARD FROM GAB AND IT WAS HARD FOR ME AS WELL. DOCTOR NEVER GOT BACK TO ME. EVERYONE TOLD ME NOT TO GET OFF FAST JUST 100 TO 200 MG PER WEEK. THIS SITE IS HELPFUL MOR THAN TALKING TO DOCTORS.  I AM TRYING TO GO DRUG FREE BUT EVERYONE HAS TO FIND THERE BEST ROUTE.  SIDE EFFECT GET BETTER BUT TAKES TIME. I STILL HAVE SOME AND I BEEN OF FOR A MONTH.
    • Posted

Hi Naomi

I am currently withdrawing from Gab as well.

I have gone from 1200 mgs daily and am now on 1000 mgs. This has taken me 1 month so far. I am dropping 100 mgs every 2 weeks. Slowly slowly . So far so good.

How long did it take you?

• Posted

Hi 

I did it wrong I went off in a few weeks. I withdraw hard. My doctor never got back to me. I went from 600mg to 200. Then none. I felt horrible and I still get light headed and spaced. I was on it for 4 months and off for a month. Hopeful soon this should stop. I will pray for you. Just do it slow. Not like I did. Naomi

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.