Fordyce spots anus

Posted , 6 users are following.

hi

is it possible to have fordyce spots around the anus area? ive got a lump which the GP has stated is a hemorroid with a skin tag. But ive noticed white bumps around the anal skin. Also quite itchy at times too.

Havent had a new partner for 7 years with no anal sex. when i mentioned these spots to GP he said it looked.fungal.

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

To be fair they dont feel like big lumps. more look like that on the picture which is obviously zoomed in. area is red and irritated potentially off wiping too hard scratching etc.

• Edited

It appears to be harmless. If you also have a fair amount of fordyce spots on your penis as well, I would say it is normal for you.

• Edited

hi thanks for replying. i do have quite a.few on my penis so maybes its normal. skin does get itchy down there. GP stated he thought i had a patch of eczema at the top of the buttocks so maybes that has spread further inside.

• Posted

they dont really look like warts to me. has the appearance changed any?

• Posted

no changes. occasionally itchy but my skin can get dry so may be a skin condition. GP took a look and said hemmaroids and dismissed the idea of warts when i mentioned it.

My anxiety is the roof so self diagnosed myself with all sorts of issues.

• Posted

Ive just replied to your other post, i have redness around my anus too, look at my posts. Not had any one with the same symptoms as me so would be really good to keep in touch.

• Posted

nah n been over a year, your glans are exactly like mine, so hoping we can help each other out. you seen my other comments?

• Posted

cant find that post for some reason. can you link me to it?

• Posted

Yes, fordyce spots can appear around the anus. I've done some studying, and spoke to a doctor, they can appear around the whole genitalia, which the anus is apart of that. I actually have the same condition, it's really harmless, they dont cause any harm! I spoke to my doctor, I showed him my anus and he said those spots are oil glands, and just having them left alone is the best thing, dont try and squeeze them as they will cause skin infections.. also these bumps dont always have pus inside them! It is very common in humans to have these spots..

The fordyce spots are small and some can appear bigger than others.. And it's very normal to see alot of these spots..

My best advice for you is to leave it, keep the genitila area clean.

God bless. 😊🙏

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.