Fordyce spots, Whitehead acne, or STI?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hey Guys i'm 22 and I noticed white bumps started appearing on my penis after I had unprotected sex. I've always had Fordyce spots but they were never as pronounced as these. They are very pointy, for lack of a better word, and have white tips. I couldn't find any STI that looked like this. Is it is possible to develop new Fordyce spots (hence why they are white and pointy)? or can they get inflamed?

They don't itch, but I did notice some discomfort trying to pee a few days after intercourse. My pee was also dark yellow despite really only drinking water the whole day ({It only lasted a couple of days so i'm not sure if its relevant) I hope to get tested soon just in case. Thanks in advanced!!! image image image

2 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi lewis,

These are not Fordyce spots but prominent sebaceous (oil) glands on the shaft of the penis. They may look a bit 'scary' but they are certainly not warts, herpes or molluscum.

Adhari

• Posted

Any chance this could go away on its own? or at least become less noticeable.

• Posted

Yes, they often settle down in time. No treatment is necessary- you'd be destroying healthy bits of your skin if you did.

• Posted

These are Fordyce Spots, the guy below is confused because prominent sabaceous glands are called Fordyce Spots.

• Posted

hey lewis . did it go away? because im having the same problem but i try everything and nothing no results . pls contact me back i would love to know .

• Posted

Hi Lewis, did it go away? did you went to the doctor? i would like some feedback about this, i have the same problem now.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.