Forearm pain

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hey, guys,

I'm 28 years old, from the UK, and I am suffering with pains in my forearms, hands and fingers. It all started in my left hand; I would have this on/off pain/burning sensation in my forearm. Sometimes, it would throb of its own account, and it would be sore to touch. Now, my left hand feels tight, my left wrist is tender, and the joints in my fingers, especially the top section where my fingertips are, are uncomfortable. A doctor diagnosed me with tennis elbow, but now that my right arm is beginning to develop the same symptoms, what are the odds that I have tennis elbow in both arms, at the exact same time? Does anyone have any idea what this could be?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi David, 

I have had similar problems AND I also got diagnosed with tennis elbow. Although I also get tingling/numbness/pain. My neck is really stiff and my back hurts sometimes too... Do you work on the computer a lot? Could be that and stress. Have you gotten x-rays of your spine, seen a PT, seen a chirpractor to analyze your spine and adjust it, or gotten any neuromuscular massages? I say try those and see what you find. That's what I did. I found my spine is slightly misaligned and have been trying PT, but I still have problems and I feel like my problem is still caused by something muscular... Anyways, it'd be a good start for you.

• Posted

Thanks for the reply, Asuna! I don't work at a computer a lot, but I love to write in my free time, so I use my computer a lot more for leisure purposes. Yes, though, I would be on a laptop a lot. I get this... almost burning sensation in both my forearms; my fingers occasionally twitch, especially my ring finger and my little finger on my left hand. However, despite my left arm being a pain, it's my RIGHT shoulder that also chirps up from time to time. I dunno what the heck is wrong with me, haha, but I plan on finding out. I do get tightness in my neck; and, if you could believe it, tightness in my scalp/top of my head, as well. I have an appointment with my doctor on November 7th, so I am holding out for that. I just think it's weird that both my hands are freaking out at the same time, hehe. I haven't had any kind of treatments, though, or any of the things you mentioned, so perhaps I should look into them.

• Posted

Sounds like you could have a pinched nerve or maybe your posture is off, causing other muscle groups to compensate, leading to other problems. I believe you would get a lot of insight if you try out my previous suggestions. I hope they help! Keep searching for answers smile 

• Posted

I hope to find out soon what's going on. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.