Forehead headache daily - how to resolve?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi,

So i am going to put this in short and sweet firstly and if more detail is needed i can go into this more because otherwise this will be long!

Last year me and my fiance agreed that we would start to have kids. since then i have had a dizzy spells, throat problems etc. I have spoken with my doctor about this he went long the lines of this is anxiety. I was on tablets for about 9 months and have now been off them thank god for the past 3 months or so! The last two months i have been getting headaches daily just in my forehead these are not stopping me from doing a lot they are just aggrivating and sometimes just make me feel like i dont want to do things! Within these two months i have noticed i wake up a handful of times in the night but i go back to sleep almost instantly. Just wanted peoples thoughts on this so in basic.

I am 24 year old male, expecting my first child in December, no medical issues previous

• forehead headaches (2or3 out of 10)
  • nasal cavities are blocked quite often but sometimes use a nasal spray to relive this
  • throat irritation every so often

I can cope with the last two but just the headaches get on your nerves do they not! I wondering if this is just expectant father worries and symptoms or is this something else, sinus related maybe or something more serious?

I hope to hear your thoughts!

Matt

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

I think you have tension headaches. I have it everyday, 24/7, looks like hundreds needles pinching my forehead.

• Posted

Hi Matthew

You say you have been off your anxiety meds for three months thereabouts. You are more than likely getting withdrawal effects. They don't always start straight away, it could take several weeks before you get any symptoms. It's called protracted witndrawal. I find doctors, as good are they are, do not fully understand withdrawal. Withdrawal symptons can take anything from a couple of weeks to a couple of years afer stopping. Each person is different. I am weaning off citalopram, I reduced last about 7 months ago and am getting daily withdrawal symptoms, headaches, dizziness, nausea, appetite changes, anxiety and much more. Some days are pretty good but the next day I feel horrid again. Take a look at the lovely grind on you tube.

• Posted

Hi,

Thank you for the replies, i was wondering whether it could have been withdrawal symptoms. I am quite surprised as i was on lexapro (escitalopram) for 9 months but was only on 5mg for 6-7 months and 10mg in the middle for 2 months so i was never on a high dosage! if you do not mind me asking what amount were you on @sonia13661?

I am definitely feeling like i am getting better slowly (extremely slowly) but like everybody probably says i just want to feel like my old self as my fiance is actually due in the next few weeks with our first child! I am super excited but do not want to be a hindrance with all my issues at the moment!

Kind Regards

Matt

• Posted

Hi Matthew

I was on 10mg for about 10 years. I started reducing about 7 months ago, firstly to 7.5 mg and then 5mgs. I've been on 5 mg for about 5 months but still haven't stabilized. They say it's more difficult to come off the lower doses. It doesn't matter if you were on them for only a short while, you can still get withdrawal symptoms.

Take a look at the videos I recommended, they are only short and explain a lot of things about withdrawal from someone who has gone through it.

Congratulations and

Best wishes for the birth of your first child.

• Posted

Hiya,

Had a CT scan a few days ago just awaiting the results now, but I do have to say I feel like i am getting better slowly in terms of how long my head hurts for etc. I get it throughout the most of the morning/afternoon but then seems to ease off. I have had one or two days of no problems but i mean like one day every two weeks or so but i see it as a positive! I am starting to look into this as more of a stress/anxiety of becoming an up and coming father. Symptoms are still the same as in frontal headache and pressure in my head but all this this to me sounds like anxiety for the inevitable up and coming event! Would like to hear peoples thoughts on this!

Kind Regards

Matt

• Posted

@jamiedes

Hi, actually got my results yesterday and have been told my head is all clear no problems which is a relief in a way. my symptoms do seem to be settling extremely slowly which is making me more more adamant this was a head injury just taking it's time to heal. I fainted in April when on the toilet and let's go with if I fainted forwards I couldn't not hit my head off the door! Now I think I is nerves as my fiance is actually due on Monday!

kind regards

Matt

• Posted

congrats!!! and I am happy for you on your clear results. I also hit my head on a wall earlier this year. Started having daily headaches on 8th october.

• Posted

thank you! all positive it is the best way to be! how r you feeling in general? just headaches sort of like tension headaches?

• Posted

Wide spread headache, some areas in my head are tender to touch, neck pains and back ache sometime. The headache is usually mild and I could almost ignore it sometimes. No other symptom. I am generally well. I have had extensive blood tests and there is nothing showing up. I have to say about 5 years ago I had headache everyday for a year. It started after a stressful period. This time around, I had a baby 5 months ago so I don't know if it is related.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.