Forehead Lump/Bump - Osteoma? Benign Skin Condition?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have lost a lot of confidence in myself due to this white/ish bumps on my forehead. I’ve had it for 2/3 years now and when I first had it, I wasn’t that bothered because nobody really noticed it. But now it is becoming very noticeable and in pictures and when I look in the mirror you can instantly notice. I am 25 years old, turning 26 and I can’t be having face skin issues now.

I went for an x-ray scan and apparently nothing was showing on their screens. Can any doctor or anyone with medical or past experience please help.

I have attached photo of my forehead, please can anyone help, it also looks like it is slowly spreading across my forehead. (In my opinion)

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

If it feels very hard like bone and non squidgy its probably an osteoma . If it feels soft its probably a lipoma, a fatty lump. Lipomas can increase in size but osteomas not so much.

Both can be removed. if you are in the UK the NHS wont remove them unless they are very big, so you would need to pay privately for removal.

A dermatologist can remove a lipoma, either by a small incision and then after removal, stitches. Or you may find a dermatologist who can do it via a tiny hole and liposuction....ie sucking out the fat.

If its an osteoma its usually a plastic surgeon who would attempt removal.

As nothing was seen on xray I am guessing this is a lipoma.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.