Foreing body within the circulatory system

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if anybody could help calm me down a bit till I reach my appointment with my doctor. To describe it short, I've had discomfort in several areas of my body since childhood and It's all linked with the sinus surgery I had as a small child.

I had several head injuries afterwards which resulted in massive head pain with clear fluid running from the nose on occasions, aswell as suppressed immune system. As stupid as I were, I tried fixing the issue myself by sniffing objects up my nose.. yep. Among the things i got up there was sand, bubble gum, and believe or not, 2 plastic strings from plastic bags that are used to close the bags. 

I thought I fixed it, and that my body would be capable of eliminating the remains, but what happened instead is that I got it far down the body by pushing and squeezing. My right side of the body from head to toe is affected the most. I've been using nasal sprays for an entire year, and so far the sand and bubblegum has gotten out. But the plastic is still inside of me, and I can literally hear and feel it traveling, and it scares me. 

I know most will say this is absolutely impossible, and I understand that. But this is the root of all evil in my life, and it needs to end as soon as possible. 

So my question is, will an MRI scan be able to show the location of such object? 

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

That sounds like a big problem. I think those plastic tie wraps have a wire inside them. 

Your doctor will choose the proper test. 

I have had 3 brain MRIs performed with contrast, which means they injected Gadolinium, a heavy metal, to make a clearer image, but hopefully you will only need an X-ray. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.