Foreskin Problem - Pictures Attached

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi all. ive been having this issue for a few weeks now. initially diagnosed as balanitis, i was prescribed daktacort which did have a little success with the problem and has made the irritation go down somewhat. during this time i tested positive for chalmydia and thought it could have been an effect from this. i finished the treatment for chlamydia almost 3 weeks ago. however, despite still applying the daktacort to my foreskin which i was prescribed for balanitis, im not really seeing any progress with my condition. i have been back doctors 7 days ago and they prertty much said to me 'what are you worrying about, its perfectly fine'. obviously looking at the pictures i dont think it is hence me posting. id appreciate somebody giving me their point of view and also anybody who has overcome this issue. thanks.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hey bud, everyone has their own color to their penis. Your doctor may see one man with a bright red foreskin and it's completely normal for him to have that shade of color on his foreskin. This can be concerning to patients because doctors do not know your individual color and natural demeanor, only you do. Looking at the picture I only see the outer foreskin. Usually chlamydia only affects the inner foreskin and glans so it makes it hard for us doctors to see when something is wrong. Perhaps you can tell me where it is that it's bothering you and I can possibly help.

• Posted

The 2nd picture probably shows more of what my problem is. My foreskin no longer covers the head of my penis fully and it feels rather tight. It retracts back and forth okay but this isn't as smooth as it used to be maybe I would say it no longer glides smoothly but rather sticks slightly and then goes down and the same when covering the penis head. It doesn't give any pain as such and I've tried steroid creams etc with limited success. It's just getting rather frustrating as my GP doesn't think there's any issue but I know something isn't right. Yourself looking at the 2nd picture where you can see the penis head and outer foreskin would you say it looks 'normal'?

• Posted

I see, have you had your foreskin retracted for a long amount of time while there was irritarion?
    • Posted

No I have just literally been applying the steroid cream, should I be retracting it to aid recovery?
  • Posted

It looks normal to me. I found I got drier skin as I got older (now 67) so I occasionally need lube or moisturizer to allow the skin to glide better.
    • Posted

Hi there, it just seemed to all be tied in with the Chlamydia diagnosis but obviously hasn't got any better, I'm only 26 years old but obviously I guess it can affect us at any age. I had been worrying about alsorts but my doctor has reassured me it's nothing. Obviously the mind is a powerful thing and along with Google and my anxiety my head is all over the place.

• Posted

My hands have drier skin too, so if you are only experiencing the tighter foreskin without any change in the skin on other parts of your body, maybe my suggestion isn't relevant. Unfortunately, I don't have any other experience that would help you, maybe you are letting anxiety get the better of you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.