forgot my son's name during panic attack

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello, yesterday I had a panic attack after I woke, then I remembered that my son was in is room and I tried to remember his name but I couldn't.

Is this normal during a panic attack?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Carla - yes ..I believe so. I call them brain farts - I have been at work and become so panicked (or have a panick attack,) that I suddenly forget where things are, what I'm doing, people's names.

I know you are panicked because it is your sons name, but in a state of panick our brain goes into over drive.

If you are worried always see your DR to put your mind at rest, but I think you are okay smile X

• Posted

If your mind is elswhere I suppose.

I would worry if it was a regular problem.

My short term memory problems are a problem due to years of strong medication.

Do not worry about it, generally it is just a hicup of the strangeĀ 

Keep a hold

• Posted

Yes, this is normal. I did the same thing at work today. Somebody asked for a coworker by name and I couldn't remember who the person was...he even sits right next to me. The woman asking for him looked at me like I was crazy.

• Posted

Did you remember after you calmed down? During a full blown attack its hard to think at all to be honest. Your body is all wigged out.
  • Posted

Hi Carla,

Yes, this is normal. I bet you remembered his name when you were feeling better?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.